March Virtual Chapter Event - "Shields up: Cybersecurity Project Management”
A growing project management specialization is in cybersecurity which faces a shortage of competent project managers. Shields Up: Cybersecurity Project Management was released in August 2022.
- Greg Skulmoski will show how to align project management with critical standards (e.g., ITIL, ISO 27001, ISO 31000, ISO 9001 and NIST Cybersecurity Framework) required to deliver cybersecurity projects on time and on budget.
- He will also share insights from the book such as a risk management technique not in the PMBOK® Guide that you can use on your projects tomorrow!
Shields Up is receiving critical acclaim including “Must Read” (Jason Roos, Chief Information Officer), “Perfect Alignment” (Irene Corpuz, Lead Implementer and Auditor), and “Best I Have Seen in My Career” (Timothy Kloppenborg, Distinguished Professor Emeritus). Join us to discuss cybersecurity project management with one of the “authors” of the second edition of the PMBOK® Guide (2000).
Please join Greg Skulmoski, as he presents “Shields up: Cybersecurity Project Management”
Greg Skulmoski is an award-winning project manager having led critical infrastructure projects in Australia, Middle East, and Canada. Greg’s innovative use of project management tools and processes won the CISO 2017 Middle East Security Award (for risk management in projects). Later, Greg was one of the project managers for the Smartphone-Connected Pacemaker Devices program listed in Cleveland Clinic’s Top 10 Medical Innovations for 2021. Dr. Skulmoski currently teaches risk management and project innovation management at Bond University in Australia. Greg’s teaching focus is on using practical processes and tools to successfully implement projects, including digital transformation and metaverse projects. Greg’s critically acclaimed book – Shields Up: Cybersecurity Project Management is widely available in book and Kindle formats. Greg is writing Cybersecurity Readiness: A Project Management Approach to Training that provides a lean approach to cybersecurity general awareness and role-based training. He connects the ADDIE Instructional Design Model, Blooms Taxonomy of Learning, and the Kirkpatrick Training Evaluation Model with the integrated project management approach detailed in Shields Up.
We look forward to seeing you at our virtual event on March 14th
Event Date: Tuesday, March 14, 2023
Location: Online (link to be emailed to attendees prior to the event)
- 12:00 pm Speaker presentation
- 1:00 pm End of session
- Free for Pre-Registered PMI Manitoba Members
- $15+GST for Pre-Registered Non-Members
- Registration closes Monday, March 13, 2023, at 12:00 pm
- Event attendance is worth one (1) Technical Professional Development Unit (PDU)
- No refunds. Substitutions permitted providing the substitute is eligible for the same price.
Please email if you have any questions regarding:
- This event, Director of Monthly Programs -email@example.com
- Registration, IT Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
PMI Manitoba Chapter no longer issues invoices for monthly program events. Registration can be paid through Debit or Credit Cards.
It is no longer possible to register for this event