About PMI Manitoba
The Project Management Institute (PMI) is the leading professional association for project management, and the authority for a growing global community of millions of project professionals and individuals who use project management skills. Collectively, these professionals and “changemakers” consistently create better outcomes for businesses, community and society worldwide.
PMI empowers people to make ideas a reality. Through global advocacy, networking, collaboration, research, and education, PMI prepares organizations and individuals at every stage of their career journey to work smarter so they can drive success in a world of change.
PMI is a not-for-profit, for-purpose organization working in nearly every country around the world to advance careers, strengthen organizational success, and enable project professionals and changemakers with new skills and ways of working to maximize their impact. PMI offerings include globally recognized standards, certifications, online courses, thought leadership, tools, digital publications, and communities.
Since its founding in 1969, the Project Management Institute (PMI) has grown to be the organization of choice for the project management professional. With over 600,000 members worldwide and over 1 million Project Management Professionals (PMP®), PMI is the largest and leading non-profit professional association in the area of Project Management.
In 1994, a group of dedicated project management professionals founded the Project Management Institute Manitoba Chapter Inc. (PMI Manitoba), a local component of the global Project Management Institute.
To inspire change, transformation, innovation and growth in Manitoba communities through the transformative power of projects, by:
- Being the local advocate of the world-class organization and brand of the Project Management Institute.
- Developing a local community of like-minded, motivated, passionate, and empowered project professionals and changemakers.
Our vision is two-fold:
- For Manitoba’s project professionals and changemakers to access education and professional development, mentorship, and career opportunities; as well as to provide a sense of belonging in their profession and their communities.
- For Manitoba’s educational institutions, enterprises and non-profit organizations to gain access to a diverse network of project resources and a large community of trusted project practitioners; as well as to leverage and benefit from over 50 years of curated PMI knowledge and tools into their project environment and culture.
PMI Manitoba is in a unique position to achieve this vision, as our organization is the local representative and advocate of the Project Management Institute, a globally recognized brand, stewards of the gold-standard Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK®) and certifications (including the Project Management Professional or PMP®), and the largest community of project professionals and change makers in the world.Join PMI Manitoba
PMI Manitoba values its members by being:
- a member-first organization;
- a welcoming and inclusive environment for all;
- a transparent and financially responsible non-for-profit organization; and
- passionate about service with social responsibility and an aspiration to improve Manitoba’s communities.
PMI Manitoba values its internal volunteer team and operations by:
- striving for continuous improvement and operational efficiency;
- valuing volunteerism, diversity, and belonging;
- leading by example; and
- valuing teamwork and collaboration.