April - Virtual Chapter Event
With the impact of Covid-19 upon us the Gig economy is accelerating – don’t be left behind! In this talk you get to practice and develop critical skills to thrive in the Gig economy!
Join Michael Sapir, as he presents “How to Thrive in the Covid-19 Gig Economy”.
What do an Uber driver, a scrum master, a freelance designer, and a contract project manager / product owner have in common? The answer is that they are all a part of the gig economy.
One of the fastest growing trends in employment is a move away from full-time contracts. Instead, both employers and workers are pursuing alternative arrangements, including temporary or project-based contracts.
It wasn’t that long ago that people graduating from college or university would go searching for a permanent position with regular pay periods, consistent hours and employee benefits. However, the proportion of such jobs is shrinking. The emergence of new digital technologies has meant a shift in companies employment strategies. They are looking to reduce their costs by hiring less full-time staff in favor of short-term support based on immediate needs.
On the flip side, peoples’ preferences regarding job structures are also changing. Workers have realized that contracting out their services to a mix of companies allows them flexibility in determining the amount of time they spend working and the types of work they do. Where the two sides meet is where we find the gig economy.
Those participating in the gig economy call themselves freelancers, independent professionals, contract workers and independent contractors. It’s easy to think of this group as a bunch of millennials looking to escape the traditional 9 to 5, but among those participating in the gig economy are experienced nurses, project managers, scrum masters, agile coaches, engineers and marketing consultants.
Talk learning objectives – be BOLDeR© – based on Michael : <https://bit.ly/SuccessPDFeBook> Success in the Gig Economy - <https://bit.ly/SuccessPDFeBook> https://bit.ly/SuccessPDFeBook
* What are the fundamental pre-requisites for branding yourself for gig economy employment?
* What does it take to thrive in the Covid19 gig economy?
* How can you prepare for gig economy employment?
Participants receive a FREE Blue Ocean Guide: <http://bit.ly/FREE_BOLDeR_OCEANS> http://bit.ly/FREE_BOLDeR_OCEANS
They also receive a SPECIAL discount to Michael’s, How to Thrive in the Covid-19 Gig Economy Course: <http://bit.ly/SuccessGigEconomyCourse>
* Believe – fast failure wins, change the narrative
* Open your eyes – core competencies, NLP, SI
* Let’s move ahead – plan and budget
* Dance to the music – use Agile Kanban to flow
* Retrospect – cadence is king
Michael Nir, President Sapir Consulting US, is a Business Agility Architect and Strategist; known for his passion, creativity, and innovation; His Masters in Engineering and, training in Gestalt balance his technical know-how with emotional intelligence. Michael inspires people and teams to change, experientially and emotionally, while climbing the hill AND reaching the summit.
Check out Michael’s Quest for Agile YouTube: How to Survive Your First Day of Remote Work WITHOUT Going Insane https://youtu.be/eWCmnfW0tBo .
The author of twelve books on influence, consumer experience, and Lean Agile project management, Michael delivers practical skills gained from eighteen years of experience leading change at global organizations in diverse industries.
We look forward to seeing you at our virtual event on Apr 14th
Event Date: Wednesday, April 14th, 2021
Location: Online (link to be emailed to attendees prior to the event)
- 12:00 pm Speaker presentation
- 1:00 pm End of session
- $10 + GST Pre-Registered PMI Manitoba Members
- $15 + GST Pre-Registered Non-Members
- Registration closes Tuesday, Apr 13th, 2021 at 12:00 pm
- Event attendance is worth one (1) Strategic Business Management Professional Development Unit (PDU)
- No refunds. Substitutions permitted providing the substitute is eligible for the same price.
Please email if you have any questions regarding:
- This event, Director of Monthly Programs -email@example.com
- Registration, IT Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
PMI Manitoba Chapter no longer issues invoices for monthly program events. Registration can be paid through Debit or Credit Cards.