February - Virtual Chapter Event
Never again fall victim to those who love to make life miserable for the rest of us!
The ability to communicate effectively in the workplace has become a basic skill in today’s environment. As the workplace becomes more stressful there seems to be more difficult people to deal with. In this program you will lean how to work in more challenging environments by expanding your communication skills with all types of people that you encounter.
Dealing with difficult people on a daily basis can turn a dream job into a nightmare! As pressures in the workplace increase, many office professionals are finding there are more difficult people to deal with on the job as well as in our personal lives. Whether you have to handle a customer who shouts at you for doing your job or a team member who takes credit for your ideas, this unique workshop will show you ways to stop falling victim to those difficult people who love to make life miserable for the rest of us!
Here's What You'll Learn:
- 5 strategies for improving communication with difficult people (so you can end your frustration!)
- How to defuse people who are angry, upset or just plain rude and how to calm tense situations (improve your reputation as the professional and reduce your stress)
- What to say, how to say it, when to say it, all the while being in complete control of yourself
- Strategies for maintaining your composure while defusing angry people
- Control, Confidence & Composure in the most highly charged situations!
- Keep your emotions in check. Tips to avoid crying, screaming and blanking out
- Prepare yourself to say what you should say (and take the professional path, not the emotional one)
Learn to keep your cool at the same time as confronting someone
Join Rhonda Scharf, as she presents “Dealing with Difficult People”.
Insightful … humorous … entertaining … even contagious … words that are often used to describe Rhonda Scharf. A speaker with the uncanny ability to look at the normal and see something quite different.
Rhonda will share some things she has learned to help you thrive in your work environment, emerging at the end of the day with a smile and a sense of accomplishment. Audiences far and wide sing her praises for her relevant and useful tips on administration, communication, and workplace effectiveness!
Rhonda is an author, speaker, trainer, and grandmother! She has earned her Certified Speaking Professional (less than 7% of all speakers worldwide have earned this designation), is a member of the Canadian Speaking Hall of Fame, and is one of only 35 speakers worldwide who have earned their Global Speaking Fellow (meaning she truly has an international business), and been awarded the Spirit of CAPS award. She is the ONLY speaker in the entire world who has earned all four awards. Her peers consider Rhonda a leader in the speaking industry! Her natural warmth and sincerity are balanced by a healthy sense of the absurd, a combination that is useful in any situation.
Rhonda’s professional speaking career began at age two… when her mother would offer her 25 cents to be quiet for five minutes!
We look forward to seeing you at our virtual event on February 2nd
Event Date: Tuesday, February 2, 2021
Location: Online (link to be emailed to attendees prior to the event)
- 12:00 pm Speaker presentation
- 1:00 pm End of session
- $10 + GST Pre-Registered PMI Manitoba Members
- $15 + GST Pre-Registered Non-Members
- Registration closes Monday February 1st, 2021 at 12:00 pm
- Event attendance is worth one (1) Technical Project Management Professional Development Unit (PDU)
- No refunds. Substitutions permitted providing the substitute is eligible for the same price.
Please email if you have any questions regarding:
- This event, Director of Monthly Programs -firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registration, IT Director, email@example.com
PMI Manitoba Chapter no longer issues invoices for monthly program events. Registration can be paid through Debit or Credit Cards.
It is no longer possible to register for this event