February Virtual Chapter Event
Large-Scale Public-Sector Technology Projects are complex and challenging. Gain an insight into how public sector projects are different and what makes them so complex. Come and learn about an exciting turnaround of a public sector project that went on for almost a decade with multiple failures. What were some of the key strategies used to make this project successful? How can you use some of the learnings from this experience to manage your projects more effectively and deliver value to the customer? Learn about the Digital Transformation journey in implementing a Permitting System for the City of Portland.
- Actionable tips that can be used by those who are managing complex projects
- Enhance professional knowledge around driving large & complex transformation
- Gain insight into complexities and challenges in a government technology project
Please join Saby Waraich as he presents “Have you ever jumped from an airplane?" Journey of delivering a complex project in government sector”
Energetic … engaging … lively … enthusiastic … inspiring … words that are often used to describe Saby. A speaker with the uncanny ability to look at the normal and see something quite different. Saby shares his life stories and has a fun way to look at life as well as live life. You are guaranteed to learn a thing or two on your journey from his unique perspective. He is a Technology Leader, Angel Investor, Professor, Mentor, Coach, Project & Program Management Expert, Change Leader and Volunteer Leader with a diverse experience of over 20 years in both public and private sector. An internationally recognized speaker, trainer and coach, Saby has assisted multiple diverse clients in their business transformation through project successes, bolstering communications across various departments, and assisted customers in creating effective solutions to complex problems. Saby is currently working as Chief Information Officer at Clackamas Community College, and as an adjunct professor at Portland Community of College. He speaks 4 languages, enjoys working with people and brings enthusiasm, inspiration & leadership qualities.
We look forward to seeing you at our virtual event on February 7th
Event Date: Tuesday, February 7, 2023
Location: Online (link to be emailed to attendees prior to the event)
- 12:00 pm Speaker presentation
- 1:00 pm End of session
- Free for Pre-Registered PMI Manitoba Members
- $15 + GST for Pre-Registered Non-Members
- Registration closes Monday, February 6, 2023, at 12:00 pm
- Event attendance is worth one (1) Technical Professional Development Unit (PDU)
- No refunds. Substitutions permitted providing the substitute is eligible for the same price.
Please email if you have any questions regarding:
- This event, Director of Monthly Programs -firstname.lastname@example.org
- Registration, IT Director, email@example.com
PMI Manitoba Chapter no longer issues invoices for monthly program events. Registration can be paid through Debit or Credit Cards.
It is no longer possible to register for this event